1. A class diagram consists of a ____ divided into three
2. The set of all the values or contents of a class object’s instance variables is also known as its ____.
3. Arrays, unlike simple built-in types, are passed by ____.
4. A class can contain another class’s objects as data members.
5. Programmers refer to hidden implementation details as existing in a ____.
A) white box
B) white hole
C) black box
6. When an array is a method parameter, the ____ in the method header remain empty and do not hold a size.
A) place holder
B) square brackets
7. Programmers say the data items are ____ only after they have been declared and within the method in which they are declared.
8. The parent class constructor “takes care” of the child class’s requirements before performing any other actions.
9. In an event-driven program, you design the screens, define the objects, and define how the screens will connect.
10. By making data fields private and allowing access to them only through a class’s methods, you protect the ways in which data can be altered and accessed.
11. In some programming languages, such as C#, Visual Basic, and Java, every class you create is a child of one ultimate base class, often called the ____ class.
12. With procedure-driven programs, the user might initiate any number of events in any order.
13. The ____ type for a method can be any type, which includes numeric, character, and string, as well as other more specific types that exist in the programming language you are using.
14. When you create your own transitive inheritance chains, you want to place fields and methods at their most ____ level.
15. A derived class is generally smaller than its base class.
16. Using a method name to encapsulate a series of statements is an example of the feature that programmers call ____.
17. A ____ is an environment in which you can create programs by dragging components such as buttons and labels onto a screen and arranging them visually
A) visual development environment
B) virtual development environment
C) virtual design environment
18. Fortunately for today’s computer users, operating system software allows them to use a mouse or other pointing device to select pictures, or ____, on the screen.
19. A(n) ____ shows the relationship between screens in an interactive GUI program.
A) relationship diagram
B) relationship plan
C) interactivity diagram
20. Performing an operation on an icon causes a(n) ____, which is an occurrence that generates a message sent to an object.
21. A ____ class contains methods that allow you set physical properties such as height and width.
22. A ____ in a class diagram indicates public access.
23. When you overload a method, you run the risk of creating ____ methods—a situation in which the compiler cannot determine which method to use.
24. In most programming languages, you are allowed to include multiple ____ statements in a method.
25. An overloaded method is not ambiguous on its own—it becomes ambiguous only if you create an ambiguous situation.
26. The concept of class inheritance is partially useful because it makes class code reusable.
27. A(n) ____ class is one from which you cannot create any concrete objects, but from which you can inherit.
28. ____ is the correct sequence of words and symbols that form the operating system’s command set
A) Perfect language
29. Simple non-array variables are usually passed to methods by ____.
30. GUI components are often referred to as ____.
31. The ability to use methods without knowing the details of their contents is a feature of ____.
32. When you program with event-driven languages, the emphasis is on the objects that the user can manipulate, such as buttons and menus, and on the events that the user can initiate with those objects, such as clicking or double-clicking.
33. The computer’s ____ is the software that you use to run a computer and manage its resources.
A) operating system
B) graphical system
C) command system
34. ____ is the process of acquiring the traits of one’s predecessors.
35. From the 1950s right through the 1960s and 1970s, almost all interactive dialogues between people and computers took place at the ____.
A) operating prompt
B) command prompt
C) operating line
36. Any component you place on the screen has a horizontal, or ____, position.
37. In Java, you write the word “inherits” to use inheritance.
38. ____ variables and constants are those that are known to an entire class.
39. With ____, you make a request to a method without knowing the details of how the method works.
A) implementation masking
B) implementation hiding
C) method masking
40. A method ____ (or method declaration) is the entry point to the method.
AnswerAll appear correct except for:
#27: abstract i dont see answers??
1. B) rectangle
2. B) state
5. A) white box
6. B) square brackets
7. C) visible
8. A) True
9. A) True
10. A) True
11. B) Object
13. A) return
14. A) simple
15. B) False
17. A) visual development environment
19.A) relationship diagram
20. B) event
Hope this will help you…