What are five general properties aid aqueous acids?
2. Acid formulas contain hydrogen and some react with active metals in a single replacement reaction to give off hydrogen gas
3. An acid will turn blue litmus paper red
4. Acids react with bases to produce a salt and water
5.Acids are electrolytes
Hope this helps ! And remember if it does give me a like, please and thank you!
Color, luster, streak, hardness, and cleavage
Explanation:(1)base are slippery to touch e.g sodium hydroxide NaOH(aq)..
(2) They can be corrosive e.g pottasium hydroxide KOH(aq) and sodium hydroxide NOH(aq)
(3) They can act as electrolytes e.g NaOH(aq)
(4) they react to acids to form salt and water
(5)they dissolve in water to form hydroxyl ion
KoH(aq) >>>>>k+ + 0H-
(a) It is known that bases are the species which tend to give hydroxide ions () when dissolved in water. Some general properties of aqueous solution of bases are as follows.
An aqueous solution of a base will have a bitter taste.The color of acid-base indicators tend to change when they are added to an aqueous solution of base.When these solutions are touched then they feel slippery.When a base reacts with an acid then it tends to form salt and water.An aqueous solution of base is able to conduct electricity.
(b) For example, some common substances that have one or more of these properties are as follows.
An aqueous solution of NaOH is basic in nature and it is able to conduct electricity. This solution also have a slippery texture.
An aqueous solution of KOH is basic in nature and it is able to conduct electricity. This solution also have a slippery texture.
These include: color, streak, hardness, luster, diaphaneity, specific gravity, cleavage, fracture, magnetism, solubility, and many more.
- taste sour
- turns blue litmus paper red in color
- has a pH less than 7
- reacts with hydrogen gas on active metals (e.g.: Mg)
- conducts electricity
- neutralizes bases