When oxygen is present, aerobic respiration occurs, which releases carbon dioxide into the surrounding air or water. Otherwise, anaerobic respiration occurs and releases methane into the surrounding environment, which eventually makes its way into the atmosphere or hydrosphere.
Hope im not to late hope this helps
Explanation: Land Plants(Biosphere) -Plants go through photosynthesis
Land Animal: (Biosphere)-Animals eat plants to gain energy
SoilGeosphere-Animals die and remains decay into the soil
Sediment:(Geosphere)-Soil washed into streams and build up underwater masses
Lithosphere:(Geosphere)-Sediments get compressed into sedimentary rocks that are rich in carbon
Volcano:(Geosphere)-Rocks melt underground and release CO2 which is mixed into magma
Atmospheric CO2: (Atmosphere)- Volcano erupts putting CO2 back into the atmosphere
One way is that carbon dioxide automatically dissolves in cold ocean surface waters anyway so large bodies of water already have a concentration of carbon dioxide. Another way is when carbon dioxide dissolves in rainwater which later reacts with minerals in rocks. These rocks then get carried away by rivers or streams into bigger bodies of water and the carbon is transported through the minerals in the rocks.
Hope this helps,
Carbon is found in hydrosphere in the form of dissolved carbon in ocean and sea water during the gas exchange process.
Carbon cycle is the process of transformation of carbon in different forms. From atmosphere, the carbon gets into hydrosphere during the gas exchange processes. During this gas exchange process, the carbon is dissolved in the ocean water which is later utilized by marine plants to conduct photosynthesis. There is a continuous transformation of carbon from lands, plants to atmosphere and from atmosphere to hydrosphere.
Describe at least two ways that carbon can get from a land plant to the atmosphere
1. Land Plant -> Forest Fire -> Atmosphere
2. Land Plant -> Soil -> Atmosphere
Describe at least two ways that carbon can get from the atmosphere to the hydrosphere
1. Atmosphere -> Ocean
2. Atmosphere -> Exposed Rocks -> Ocean
Describe at least two ways that carbon can get from the ocean to the lithosphere
1. Ocean -> Seashells -> Limestone -> Lithosphere
2. Ocean -> Marine Plants -> Sediments -> Lithosphere
Describe at least two ways that carbon can get from seashells to the atmosphere
1. Seashells -> Limestone -> Cement Plant -> Atmosphere
2. Seashells -> Ocean -> Atmosphere
limestone cement atomsphoric co2
See it in the explanation
1) Carbon moves from atmosphere to hydrosphere and biosphere in the process of photosynthesis and to lithosphere by deposition of dead bodies while from hydrosphere and biosphere, carbon can be move in the process of respiration by animals.
2) During respiration process which takes place in plants in which carbondioxide is released and by eating carbon containing food by animals. By decomposing the food, carbon is releases in the form of carbondioxide.
3) Carbon can be used by the marine plants in the process of photosynthesis and during the process of diffusion, carbon is also dissolve in water bodies.
4) When the plants and animals die, the carbon which is present inside their body is buried in the soil present at the bottom of the ocean and the shells and corels of some animals also contain carbon which is soon be the part of the lithosphere when they die.
5) After the decomposition of seashell, carbondioxide is produced because shells are made up of calcium carbonate.