What’s it called when a bunch of pictures are put together to make one picture?

I have heard of it before and i want to know what it was called and what kind of artists do it and what the artists names are.

8 Answers

  • There are a couple of different ways multiple pictures could be put together.

    This could be considered a collage, and if you want to make one you can use LifePics' collage software: http://www.lifepics.com/

    If you mean multiple of the same photo but in different colors, this pop art Andy Warhol's Marilyn piece is what comes to mind: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilyn_Diptych

    It could also be a photo mosaic where small tiles of pictures are either used as is, or are colorized to be like little puzzle pieces that make up a bigger picture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photographic_mosaic

  • Collage

  • A mosaic, and in case you do it by using hand, it isn't basic. yet, in case you go searching, there are courses to boot as web content that do it immediately, you in simple terms upload the photographs you elect in it, and upload a million photo that you elect it to look as if, and there ya pass.

  • David Hockney made some amazing works in the way you mean. And some other artists

    Well, I made some too

  • Photomosaic.

  • It's a collage :)) Not sure what artist' do it though...

  • Do you mean a collage? Or a montage? I don't know which you mean, but I think it's one of them ^^

  • collage

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Posts