Subject: Intro to Information Systems Security
3 Question Which of the following are measures for achieving availability? (Choose all that apply.) Fault tolerance Hashing Patching Digital signatures Redundancy
Answer3) Availability refers to the ability to access resources or services or data in required time.
- Fault tolerance: It is a method that ensures uninterpreted services even though some problem occurred in the system or some components are failed. Fault tolerance ensures high availability.
- Redundancy: Maintaining duplicate components or resources to implement fault tolerance is called redundancy. Redundancy ensures availability in case of a resource or component is failed.
- Patching: Patching is upgrading the system or software. Patching may include fixing security vulnerabilities and adding new functionality.
- Some of the security problems may cause system or services unavailable. Thus, patching helps to fix those security problems and helps to stay system or services available. Patching ensures availability of the system.
- Hashing and digital signatures: Hashing and digital signatures helps to maintain the integrity of the data.
- Each cloud storage provider provide service guarantee up to some level. Thus, service guarantee is not absent completely.
- Cloud storage environment allows the users to login with a password and also allows to set their passwords.
- Obviously, cloud storage is cheaper.
- In cloud storage environment, more storage can be added easily so that more users can be added to cloud storage environment. Thus, cloud storage is scalable.
- In cloud storage environment, user’s data is stored at cloud storage provider’s owned server that may reside anywhere in the world. Thus, user may not have control over their data.
Therefore, all the given options are feasible to implement data encryption.