Bleach is an oxidizer and when poured on any surface that has either an alkaline substance or biological forms like bacteria, the oxygen is released and cooks the substance. This is why it is dangerous to have pure bleach touch your skin. You can see a milder and safer form of this foaming action when you put hydrogen peroxide on a cut. Bubbles of pure oxygen form, killing anything alive in the wound.
Bleach does not foam on its own. It is reacting with something in your drain, probably hair. As long as it isn’t putting off a gas That makes you sick it should be fine, bleach is a great cleaner.
BECAUSE IT IS CALLED A CHEMICAL CHANGE. PROBABLY WHEN YOU POUR IT DOWN THE DRAIN THERE IS SOME WATER IN THERE, AND WHEN ONE OF THE MANY CHEMICALS IN BLEACH MIXES WITH WATER IT BUBBLES OR FOAMS. GOOD LUCK ON UR QUESTION
Just make sure you don’t have any ammonia in the drain, when you pour the bleach in. It creates a nasty acid, and the fumes are poisonous, and will make you sick, at the least!
cuse it is a cemical its prob. cuse its such a grate disinfecter that it kills alot of bacteria and germs on the way down because when your wash your hands brush your teeth etc.. all those things are being killed and thats the thing thats makeing it foam hope this helped bye…
Im not sure. It must react with something in the drain.